Accounting Technician (Douglas)Description:
Reporting to one of the Financial Reporting Managers, this role will be responsible for contributing to the global monthly close and financial reporting process.
The main responsibilities of this role are:
- Preparation of comprehensive financial reports for the Group’s cost base.
- Production of monthly / periodic financial information for the group’s service companies, including annual financial statements and assisting in the external audit process.
- Provide input, effective challenge and insight over budgeting and forecasting for the Group’s cost base.
- Input data and journal entries in preparation and production of the financial reports
- Provide information and reports as required to the Outsourcing service provider
- Maintenance of daily and monthly procedures and controls within the department.
Key skills and experience needed to be successful in this role are:
- Have or be working towards an accounting qualification (ACA/ACCA/AAT/CAT), or qualified through experience.
- Experience with financial reporting and management accounting, including making improvements to design and function of reports;
- An understanding of insurance company accounting (IFRS and Regulatory reporting) would be advantageous.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience of using SUN and Vision or a similar accounting package;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to plan and organise work to meet deadlines;
- A flexible and adaptable attitude;
- Good problem solving skills; and
- Good team working skills.
Request a call-back about this role using the form below.