Management Accounting Assistant (Douglas)Description:
Management Accounting Assistant
Reporting to the Management Accountant, this role will be responsible for contributing to the monthly financial reporting.
The main responsibilities of this role are:
- Preparation of management information for expenses and headcount in an accurate and timely manner, building working relationships with cost centre heads and answering queries;
- Assist with budgeting and forecasting exercises, understanding and predicting trends, collating information and working with cost centre heads to understand their needs;
- Classifying costs accurately, reviewing expense postings to account codes and correcting as necessary;
- The maintenance of daily and monthly procedures and controls within the department.
Key skills and experience needed to be successful in this role are:
- Have or be working towards an accounting qualification (ACA/ACCA/AAT/CAT), or qualified through experience.
- Experience with financial reporting and management accounting, including making improvements to design and function of reports;
- Experience with budgeting and forecasting;
- A good understanding of Microsoft Excel;
- Experience of using SUN or a similar accounting package;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to plan and organise work to meet deadlines;
- A flexible and adaptable attitude;
- Good problem solving skills; and
- Good team working skills.
Request a call-back about this role using the form below.