Internal Audit Assurance Manager (Douglas)Description:
Internal Audit Assurance Manager
Purpose of the Role
Reporting to the Head of Group Internal Audit this is a key role within the internal audit function.
The Assurance Manager:
- Provides day-to-day management of audit assignment delivery, including co-ordination of internal resources and external resourcing relationships, and preparation audit reports
- Works with auditees to establish practical solutions which address audit action points, and monitors the implementation of those solutions
- Supports the Head of Internal Audit with preparing reports for Management and Board Committees
- Assists with the continuing development of Internal Audit including strategy, policies and procedures
Skills and Experience
- A relevant qualification in accountancy or internal audit (ACA / CA, ACCA, CIA, CISA or CPA) and significant post-qualification experience including a management role
- A strong financial controls background gained from working either as an internal or external auditor, including very good knowledge of sampling, auditing standards and concepts, and risk based auditing.
- Demonstrable experience of auditing IT controls, (a relevant qualification will be an advantage) and a clear understanding of the relationship between IT risk and underlying business process risk
- Knowledge of IFRS and Solvency II as applicable to life insurance
- Experience of working in a complex multi-national environment including regulated businesses of different sizes and stages of maturity
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including influencing skills
- Experience of leading teams, including strong staff management and coaching skills
- Computer literate with extensive experience of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience in common data analytics tools and accounting software (i.e. SunAccounts) would be an advantage
The Audit Assurance Manager will be objective and independent, although also a strong team player. The role includes demonstrating and promoting adherence to the professional standards of the Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors, and also championing and living up to our clients' core values.
Request a call-back about this role using the form below.