Project Management Office Analyst (Douglas)Description:
Project Management Office Analyst
An opportunity has arisen with our client for a Project Management Office (PMO) Analyst whose primary focus will be supporting the change team, delivering support services to the projects and programmes to ensure the right level of PMO governance and control is applied ensuring consistency and alignment with the project management framework.
The successful candidate will have prior experience in a PMO, project coordinator or project analyst type role. With proven ability to understand project delivery frameworks, methodologies and exposure to the end to end delivery lifecycle. A good understanding of project management tools and techniques in the context of governance and assurance.
The main responsibilities for this role are:
- Working with the Programme and Project managers in preparing project initiation documentation in line with Project Framework standards: including setup of projects on project management tools; identification of delivery risks and dependencies; definition of project governance meetings and reporting cycles.
- Ongoing management and monitoring of the Risks, Assumptions, Issues, Dependencies (RAID) and lessons learned logs for projects/programmes via regular engagement and challenge with the projects/programme teams and recording key areas requiring management attention and escalation.
- Supporting the Change team in building the maturity and capability of the PMO and wider project team, and delivering the departmental objectives.
- Working with the project team to gain understanding of and to collect and collate the required information to produce weekly/monthly/quarterly dashboards, metrics, budget tracking and steering reports. Identify areas to monitor, engage with the appropriate project and programme managers and team, understand and analyse the information provided and prepare clear, concise, timely and accurate reports/presentations required for effective monitoring and decision making by the relevant boards
- Support the ongoing development and improvement of the PMO service, systems, processes, tools and templates provided to all programmes and projects.
The skills required for this role are:
- Good level of knowledge of Project Office industry best practice and methodology through proven PMO/Programme Analyst experience
- Appropriate Project Management and/or Project/Programme Office e.g. ISEB at a foundation level, Prince2 at foundation level, P30 at foundation level.
- Analytical skills and high attention to detail including ability to review, analyse and manipulate data to produce quality management reports in simple and comprehensive form for non-technical audience.
- Excellent working knowledge of Office products, particularly Excel with an ability to create and manage medium complexity spreadsheet solutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as excellent presentation skills.
- Strong influencing and persuasion skills and ability to build productive working relationships.
Request a call-back about this role using the form below.