Accounting Assistant (Douglas)Description:
A vacancy has arisen for an Accounting Assistant within the Financial Reporting Team of our client based in Douglas.
Reporting to the Management Accountant, this role will be responsible for contributing to the preparation of financial reports and to monitor the control environment for all balance sheet accounts in the general ledger system.
The main responsibilities of this role are:
- Posting of accurate transactions to correct business units;
- Assisting with the production of monthly management information, including variance analysis and commentaries;
- Reviewing and analysing reconciliation and control environment; and
- The maintenance of daily and monthly procedures and controls within the department.
Key skills and experience needed to be successful in this role are:
- Have or be working towards an accounting qualification (AAT / CAT / ACCA), or qualified through experience;
- Experience with management accounting and variance analysis;
- A good understanding of Microsoft Excel;
- Experience of using SUN or a similar accounting package;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to plan and organise work to meet deadlines;
- A flexible and adaptable attitude; and
- Good team working skills.
Others skills and experience desired to be successful in this role are:
- Previous experience working within a similar role in a Financial Services company;
- Experience of financial control environments.
Request a call-back about this role using the form below.